Friday, March 11

2nd Anniversary Climb: Kapusukan sa Batisan!

My fourth! =)

And we did two mountains in a day!

We started our adventures at exact 1AM of March 6, 2011 after spending our first night in a very windy beach of Pundaquit.
Thanks to that North Face Brimmer Hat I'm wearing it allowed me to withstand the scorching heat of the sun!
All geared up and ready with my gatorade, head lamp and a happy and excited heart we started our adventure. We traversed Mt Pundaquit and reached the summit at 3AM, it was light and fast. We took a quick nap while waiting for little sunshine to allow us to witness the beauty that surrounds us. It was magnificent! The view on top was very virginal.=) Parang first time and me ganun pala!



My attempt to immortalize the moment on top using my mobile phone.
This is my buddy Rhexy.Allow me to say that this experience  made our friendship stronger!    
BAGTAS 2nd Anniversary Climb, Mt Pundaquit, Mel, Jen, Joan, Mau, DJ, Kuya Rommel Cortez, KC, Carlo, Arma, Amiel and Rhexy.

Then we continue our journey and traversed Mt Talisayen...we were delayed for two hours as planned.

BAGTAS MOUNTAINEERING CLUB. 

Reaching the summit of Mt Talisayen was like another heaven, the view was epic, something that you just can see on postcards.
This shot will not give justice to this beauty. You have to see it yourself!

The real pain came when we we're going down Mt Talisayen, since we were late than expected, we traversed in broad daylight, there were no established trail, and no trees to protect us from the harmful and painful rays of the sun. It was really draining.

To my exhaustion I was able to sleep under a small tree. I so much love that baby tree! =) Thank you for the shelter. An hour spent with you gave me hope and the strength to continue.
My dying feet! They badly need a good rest before going to another fight.
Since I only brought 1.5 litters of Gatorade I need to make super tipid my supply.  I was super exhausted that while walking naiisip ko na si Moses and his staff! Ang weird! Super thank you talaga at super timing ang pagkaka-aksidente ni Rhexy sa may maliit na mga puno kami nahinto...or else...I don't know kung ano gagawin ko if ever mahimatay sya. God is so good to us! =)
Bakit di kita nilagyan ng sunblock at nung 1.5 liters na water  na iniwan ko sa tent?!

Ang classic, I warned you _____, but you never listened!
On top of Mt Talisayen.
The water in the nearby batis helped us quenched our thirst and fueled us to continue our fight. Thank you batis, thank you baby puno and super thank you kuya guide! You were so good. God will bless you more!=)

Despite all the hirap...everything was worth it when we reached Talisayen Beach!

We had our promised bon fire!
I can't explain kung bakit kelangan kong pahirapan ang sarili ko...maybe simply because I'm competing againts myself and enjoying this while I still can. Habang wala pa akong rayuma and kaya ko pa. I never thought I will enjoy mountain climbing and who would have thought na sa arte kong to...kaya ko pala! Ako yun e...dapat ganun!  Never allow anyone dictate you kung hanggang saan ka lang. We are all capable of doing anything we think we cannot. We are who we are.

BAGTAS MOUTAINEERING CLUB, 2nd Anniversary Climb, Mt Pundaquit via Talisayen Cove, March 5-7, 2011. Take a Peak!

Very Important Lesson: Never forget to pack your digicam fully loaded and lots of sunblock and extra bottled water...just in case!

'til our next climb!