Tuesday, December 11

Over the weekend



Double jeopardy for our country, the devastating Pablo and the heart breaking KO of Manny Pacquiao. Sad.

According to Mahatma Gandhi, man falls from the pursuit of the ideal of plan living and high thinking the moment he wants to multiply his daily wants. Man's happiness really lies in contentment.

I am no expert and will not blabber anything about Manny's loss. We need not to justify anything. Learn from it, accept and move on. He is young, there's so much in store for him, the world is his play ground, he can do anything he wants. Honestly, I am really bothered for the effect of that last punch, I am praying that there will be no complications on his health.
***
Last Saturday, I went to Divisoria, oh boi, human traffic. But I did enjoy. I feel so Pinoy! Haha! Babaw ko no? Whenever I hear some jeepney drivers shouting...Avenida...Avenida! I get excited! Haha! I don't know why...kase siguro I've never to Avenida...and sikat syang daan sa Manila and naririnig ko sa kanta and I picture Avenida as part of the Old Manila- streets with kalesa and street vendors selling siopao and payong. Sometimes, I have this wishful thinking that I was born when movies were still in black and white, where your pictures are taken using a very huge camera? The one I saw in an old magazine, the size of an aparador! Where you are required to have your dress in almirol? And your hair is permanently permed. Aww...how cute...and you will have your afternoon tea beside that huge window in your old capiz house...of course, minus the contrabidang mestizo. Just all those gorgeous men of the 50's and the glamour of the old days.

***
Then came Sunday.

I met up with my great friends Cha and Joiz to give a bridal shower for our soon-to-be bride Epeng. It was small and intimate. Do you know the feeling of straight connection? We were right transported back to our younger years and kulang ang oras sa sobrang daming kwento. And we never stopped laughing...how dearly I love them! Super!

Mas masarap i-share ang video at tanduay ice to someone really important and I would rather have four quarters than 100 pennies.



Now I remember how we used to day dream of living at the same village, barbecue parties...and beers for our husbands.

TO Joiz- happy bday to us. I am happy for you and the blossoming love life. 
TO Cha- enjoy your US tour, aww...White Christmas for you. I am very happy...and maybe this is it! You need this  vacation...have a good time with Jake and Uncle Sam
To Epeng- this is it! I am honored to be the Maid of Honor, akalain mo yun? Best way to cap this year.

How I wish ate chana and tin are with us in this special occasion.

Cheers for our happiness, success...and soon "mini us" to bring in our reunions!